Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Fernando Pessoa

“When all by myself, I can think of all kinds of clever remarks, quick comebacks to what no one said, and flashes of witty sociability with nobody. But all of this vanishes when I face someone in the flesh: I lose my intelligence, I can no longer speak, and after half an hour I just feel tired. Talking to people makes me feel like sleeping. Only my ghostly and imaginary friends, only the conversations I have in my dreams, are genuinely real and substantial.” -

Fernando Pessoa


This quote represents individuals who have suffered from social anxiety have had the same issues that others have suffered from. This shows that the events in the past still exist in the modern era we live in.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with this quote because when you are alone you aren't afraid to tell what you think and feel. Your voice is no long an echo, but actually heard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. many people are afraid to talk to others and in public but i can't really blame them because it can be nerve-recking at times

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it that they are scared or they over think in what to say that then they get tired and don't know what to say.

    ReplyDelete